At Humboldt Park Health, volunteers help us extend our tradition of caring for patients. Their selfless dedication of time and talent makes a significant contribution to the quality of care provided to patients and guests alike. Humboldt Park Health volunteers are reliable, kind and enthusiastic people with a desire to help. You’ll see their smiling faces greeting our many visitors, assisting our support staff and helping with special events.
We welcome all volunteers age 16 and older, and we ask for a minimum commitment of six months.
How to Volunteer / Application
- Click here to fill out an online application.
- Upon the receipt of your application, we will review it based on your interests, availability and our current openings. If we determine a match, we will contact you for a phone interview.
- As part of the interview, we will discuss your placement and schedule. Most placements have a set schedule (same day/time every week). If you don’t think you can commit to a set schedule due to your other responsibilities, please let us know so we can assign you an opportunity that allows for flexibility.
- After an interview and acceptance into the program, all candidates will be asked to complete a new volunteer orientation.
- You are now ready to start volunteering!
We offer a wide variety of volunteer assignments throughout the hospital. Our goal is to provide you with a meaningful volunteer experience by matching you with opportunities that best match your interests and preferences. However, assignments and their availability change frequently and sometimes we are not able to offer you an opportunity that fits your schedule.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Patient & Guest Navigator/Greeter – Help our Patients & Guests feel welcome when they enter and bring them to their hospital department
- Patient Portal Enrollment – Assist patients with enrolling in the Patient Portal
- Patient & Guest Visitor – Check on patients and their guests and offer a kind word, a magazine or book and sometimes flower donations
- Office Work – Help hospital departments with clerical work such as filing, faxing and photocopying
- Receptionist – Greet patients and answering phones (bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred)
- Special Events –Assist with community health fairs and fundraising events throughout the year
Eligibility and Benefits
To become a Humboldt Park Health Volunteer you must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass an employee health screening
- Participate in a 60 minute orientation
- Commit for a minimum of 6 months, schedule can be flexible
- Follow all Humboldt Park Health policies and procedures
Volunteers at Humboldt Park Health are recognized and rewarded for their work in a variety of ways:
- Annual flu shots
- Uniforms for appropriate areas
- Free parking
- Opportunity to work on special community activities and events
- Volunteer of the Year Award eligibility
- Recognition during National Volunteer Week
- Community Service Hours
- Work experience