The Corporate Compliance Program and the Code of Conduct provides guidance for our organization to conduct business with integrity and in accordance with all federal, state and local laws, and regulatory requirements.
Our Code of Conduct states of our beliefs:
- We are committed to providing a caring and comfortable environment and each employee makes an integral contribution in creating this environment.
- We are committed to complying with all laws, regulations, standards and other compliance requirements that apply to the business of Humboldt Park Health.
- We are committed to complying with all Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards and elements of performance that affect the delivery of healthcare and apply to the hospital.
- We are committed to the proposition that all billings for patient services and other transactions must be properly documented and authorized in accordance with applicable legal requirements and Humboldt Park Health policies and procedures.
- We are committed to avoiding any activity, practice or act that conflict with the interest of, or that could bring into question Humboldt Park Health integrity.
- We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the highest quality and most dedicated work force possible in today’s market.
- We are committed to using our resources wisely and shall be accountable to ourselves and to others for their proper use.
- We are committed to operating in an environment wherein the health, safety, privacy and comfort of patients and staff comes first.
Our Corporate Compliance Program sets forth the means by which the Code and related policies are implemented and monitored. The Corporate Compliance Program includes the following elements:
- establishing written policies and procedures in order to reduce the prospect of unethical or criminal conduct;
- establishing a Corporate Compliance Committee and a Compliance Officer that has been assigned the overall responsibility to oversee the compliance program;
- providing a reporting system whereby unethical and criminal conduct can be reported without fear of retribution;
- utilizing monitoring and auditing systems designed to detect criminal and/or unethical conduct
Every individual has the right to report any suspected violation of the Corporate Compliance Program, 24- hours a day at 888-821-8433.